07 Jul 1+ Million watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows London Premiere Live Stream
3xScreen estimates that more than a million fans watched the live stream of the world premiere of the final Harry Potter movie on 7 July 2011.
Thousands of fans were in London’s Trafalgar Square to see the premiere and live coverage of the premiere was also shown in cinemas across the UK and Europe and on UK television.
Online, the premiere marked an inflection point for the live streaming of movie premieres with Warner Brothers achieving stunning results by widely syndicating the live red carpet coverage to the major online live streaming destinations and other media sites.
- Three hours into the live coverage, the Livestream Harry Potter channel was streaming to 24,000 concurrent viewers and delivered a total of 106,000 hours of online viewing for the event
- the UStream channel was streaming to 12,000 concurrent viewers 3 hours in to the live program and delivered 369,000 total views for the event
- The red carpet premiere live stream on the YouTube Harry Potter channel generated hundreds of thousands of new views on the day of the premiere
- The 3 selectable camera coverage of the YouTube live stream (Main Show, Arrivals and Trafalgar Square) was also embedded on a number of other sites including The Telegraph, Metro and Sky Movies
- All channels showed full replays of the event on their live streams at the completion of the program.[/bullet_list]
Adding up the viewing figures on Livestream, UStream, YouTube and the other channels suggests that the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows London Premiere live stream would have been viewed by well over a million fans.